Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hand Dyed Heaven

Once upon a time, I used to dye nearly everything I owned! I used to dye nearly everything Zac (now 17) owned! His nappies were tie dyed and so were his bond suits! I used to raid the op shops for long johns and petticoats... so I could dye them!
I thought I had grown up and gotten over that, until the other day I was at the chemist and spotted the Dylon stand! Well that was it, the seed was planted... I just had to figure out what I was going to dye, and after that what I was going to make out of it?
Such simple pleasures in life, so much fun!

The back corner of the yards a mess and Tim keeps telling me we need to clean it up! But the photos are better when there's dandelions and wet the beds, even thistles!
...and just to prove a point here's some photos of Hannah in a dress I made today

gotta love the sneakers with the dress! Our yard is so full of bindis at the moment, and these were the only shoes handy for hannah to grab!
Yesterday, Jack and Hannah were out the back calling out to me to get them off the trampoline, but throughout the day, everytime they went to play out the back they wore a pair of my thongs. So they were on the trampoline, calling out, wanting me to get them and carry them to safety, but I had no shoes, they were all scattered around the trampoline... so I wore Tim's thongs! Waiting for friday, the end of the work week, and as usual Tim will ask me where his thongs are, and I'll know that they are under the trampoline.

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee! I can never find a pair of thongs when I need them - especially my own!

    ReplyDelete